This is just a quick update about how things are going.
Book 1/Podcast 1
- The talented Lindsay Hornsby is working hard on cover ideas. The launch team for book 1 will be able to preview and vote on these soon.
- Sign-up for the launch team is still open you can sign up here: http://eepurl.com/bS5DzX
- I’m trying to figure out what people mean when they talk about building a resource page for the launch team that has content that is easily shareable on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.. I have an idea what this is, but I have not seen one. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
- I’m working hard to get final edits on the text done so the kids and I can record the book as an audio book podcast! (What?) Yeah, I know, I am crazy. The kids are pumped. I’m actually not that nervous about this part since I know the awesome folks at Team Podcast have my back.
- The book 1 podcast site will come soon to celiascience.com, I will concentrate on it as soon as I get the text of book 1 ready to roll. Super pumped about the music that we have lined up for the podcast, look for that announcement on the podcast site coming soon!
- Also pumped that the fine folks at Twin Engine Coffee will be sponsoring the podcast, so that makes me feel less nervous. Gracias to Andrea and Colin, you rock.
Book 2/Podcast 2
- I am almost done with my first very, very rough draft. Big shout out to Marie Eve Wright for her help on all things French. In the story, Anna notices that something is not right about her favorite painting, Water Lilies at the Carnegie Museum of Art. She tells her friend, FBI agent Sara Rodriguez (who we met in Book 1) that she suspects something is up. What follows is a wild ride that takes us from Pittsburgh, to Giverny, France all the way to Marseille and beyond. Super fun!
- By the way, if anyone has a back ground in fine art, I would love to chat and ask you some questions, please reach out to me: firstname.lastname@example.org or @rjt200 on twitter.
- I have some heavy duty editing to do once I get the rough draft of the story wrapped up, then I will send it to the talented editor- Heather Cole. She is amazing. If you need editing, let me know, I will send you her contact info.
- Podcast 2- I have not thought about this too much, but I’m thinking I’m going to do book two as an audio book podcast just like book 1 and have it out there for family’s who need something awesome to listen to in the car on long rides. It should be about 3.5 hrs of audio. That will get you most of the way from Pittsburgh to D.C. — Anyone interested in sponsoring?
- I’m thinking we are going to launch Book 2 and Podcast 2 in August? It feels kind of crazy to write that, but I think that is about when it will be ready to ship.
- I’m about 4,000 words into Book 3. Someone has stolen the prized Schramm Seckel Pear tree from Schramm Farms and Orchards! You are probably wondering, ‘who would do such a thing?’ I KNOW. I don’t want to give too much away, but we are going to get into genetics and intellectual property, but in a way that an 7-11 year old can understand. This has been super fun to write so far, I know my readers will love it!
TEE SHIRTS! – We are selling tee shirts a few at a time. I’m interested in receiving comments about what kinds of shirts will sell better? We are going to have Celia Science and Anna Art shirts ready after the final art is ready for the book. That was one of the reasons to set up the store in the first place. At this point I’m just looking for input about how to make it better.
Working hard with Tyler Hoge and the amazing BB on the full marketing plan for the Book 1 launch. Listening to a lot of podcasts about launch teams, maybe too many. Shout out to Pat Flynn and this awesome episode of the SPI podcast which I have recommended to at least 20 people in the past couple of weeks. When the draft plan is ready, we are going to unveil it to the launch team. Am I crazy to plan to send press releases to dozens of NPR stations across the USA? I love NPR, I kind of feel like they will support me.
Check out the new book blog by the amazing writer Meg Lawson– http://www.ebooksandcooks.com/ — So, So good! Meg has been kind enough to read early drafts of the first 2 of my books. She reads a ton of books and has an insightful point of view. When she writes about books she often has a very personal critique and opinion, which I really like. If you are looking for a sanitized book blog, ebooks and cooks is not for you. If you are looking for something real and at times deeply personal, you will love ebooksandcooks.com.
Cool! Thank you for reading! and Thanks to everyone for reaching out. Please share this post with your friends and/or share the launch team sign up link with your friends. I’m leaving the launch team sign up for just a few more days until I feel like I have enough people to get good traction with the launch. Here is the link: http://eepurl.com/bS5DzX
Share Celia's adventures